Lorraine works as a freelance tutor in London and Kent, specialising in drum kit and percussion. She works with children from the age of five, to adults. Lessons are on a one to one basis and can be tailored to suit individual needs.
Some of the key areas that students focus on are:
- Learning to read drum kit notation
- Preparing for graded exams (Rockschool, Trinity Rock and Pop, Trinity College London and ABRSM all covered)
- Learning to play a transcribed drum part to a famous rock/pop tune
- Improving aural skills by playing grooves and single line rhythms from memory
- The discipline of jazz drumming and associated grooves
- Improving co-ordination and timing
If you would like to enquire about private tuition, then please contact me using the contact form.
Lorraine is proud to run the community group project “Percussion School” at Chatham and Clarendon Grammar School in Ramsgate.
The group has several benefits:
- Open to all students from surrounding schools (from age 7)
- Three classes (Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced)
- Takes place in the Chatham House music studio after school on Thursdays
- No musical experience necessary
- Play on £30,000 worth of lottery funded percussion instruments, including marimba, xylophone, tubular bells, congas, drum kit and many more
- Classes much cheaper than one to one tuition (£40.00 for ten 40minute classes)
- Free annual Summer concert in Chatham House open to friends and family
If you would like to enquire about places available, then please contact me using the contact form.